Stick Around


Final thought on the story of the adulterous woman brought before Jesus in John 8 (see previous post)...
This woman remained before the only one who could truly judge her while her accusers fled the scene one by one, oldest to youngest. I think she could have left with the rest of the crowd but she lingered in Jesus' presence.

Why?
When we are ready, the Lord's promptings for us to let him do surgery on our hearts is a welcome thing. It has been said that before we're saved we're found in the fire of judgement but after we know Christ as our personal saviour, we are in the fire of refinement. Discomfort is almost guaranteed when the Lord brings an area to light that He wants to work on in our lives. Feelings of exposure might stir up guilt or shame within us. But the final result of forgiveness and restoration before our loving and righteous mediator is worth the temporary pain. Praise God that he gives us time to choose.

To get close enough to him and stay in his company long enough to allow His cleansing touch is ALWAYS a good thing. Of that we can be sure. Easiest, no. Best, yes!


"
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
-Matthew 11:28-30

1 comment:

Anna said...

wow marlo! I can come get some further info on our weekly lessons - how brilliant you are! You should share this with the class? You are very talented :)
xoxo anna